Skip to content

[Support request] Add Supplemental Roles does not show custom roles as dropdown option under roles

Home Forums Troubleshooting Add Supplemental Roles does not show custom roles as dropdown option under roles

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I try to add capabilities on a posttype by post type basis using groups. To do this i try to create custom roles for each post type. Fx. Custom Post Type contributor / Custom Post Type Editor / Event Custom Contributor / Event Custom Author etc.

A user may be Post Editor, Page Editor and Custom post type contributor, but If I only use the core WP roles its like one post type Editor role makes the user editor i various post types. I struggle to control it.

I have made a “Basic-User” role, which all my site users are assigned as primary role. It contains no capabilities, except wp core “read” and it is level 0.

When I try to create a new group and add supplemental role: I can only see the roles: Subscriber, Contributor, Author, Editor and Submitter. I expected to be able to select fx. Event Custom Author and the other I have made.

Is my logic wrong? How to achieve this?

Hope you can help.

Anders H

Wordpres 4.9.8
    Theme Avada 5.7.2
    Press Permit Core 2.5.1
    Capability Manager Enhanced 1.5.10
    PP Collaborative Editing Pack 2.5.2

My site uses multiple Post types; Posts,Pages, Custom Post Type,Events,Contact forms,
    Woocommerce.

#28733 Reply

[ login required ]

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Registered members have full access to Pro support forums here.

Feel free to log in or purchase a support key.