Skip to content

[Support request] Can I hide members-only pages completely in search results?

Home Forums Configuration and Usage Can I hide members-only pages completely in search results?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I have a website with three sections – Public, Members and Board members. Anyone can see the Public section. Users registered as Members can also access the Members section if they are logged in (unique username and password for each user). Users registered as Board Members can access the Members section and the Board Members section if they are logged in (unique username and password for each user).

I’m using a combination of Press Permit, Members, and Profile Builder Pro to get this membership-based website sorted. I’m nearly there – but there’s one thing that’s bugging me.

If a non-logged-in visitor uses the website search, they get search results including those for Members and Board members pages. It’s OK – they can’t access them – there’s a message saying they don’t have permission to view and clicking on the link takes them to a login screen – but I’d rather they didn’t get those search results at all.

In contrast, if I’m a logged-in member and I do the same search, my search results DO NOT include any Board Member pages – they just don’t show up at all. This is what I want for non logged-in people as well – that there are no Board member or Member page results for any search.

How can I make this happen?

Thanks heaps – website is https://nzkindergarte3.wpengine.com/ (work in progress, handover to client is tomorrow!).

#27391 Reply

[ login required ]

#27404 Reply

[ login required ]

#28057 Reply

[ login required ]

#28071 Reply

[ login required ]

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Registered members have full access to Pro support forums here.

Feel free to log in or purchase a support key.