Skip to content

[Resolved] Easy way to update the permissions for multiple media files at once?

Home Forums Troubleshooting Easy way to update the permissions for multiple media files at once?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I’m using Press Permit to control the permissions for uploaded files – when files are uploaded to a given page, it inherits that page’s Read permissions. This is great.

However, I am currently in the position where I am creating new pages with the old page content copied over, without the same permission Read permission configuration on the new pages. As a result, these links fail to work until I change the permissions on each individual media file, allowing them be viewed across both pages. (Ability to view is controlled via two distinct Press Permit groups.)

Even if I use each page’s “Add Media” button along with the “files uploaded to this page” filter, it’s fairly laborious to update all attachment pages to have the proper permissions. Is there a way I can do this in bulk? I’d simply like to add one additional group to the Read permissions.

#22801 Reply

[ login required ]

#22885 Reply

[ login required ]

#22981 Reply

[ login required ]

#23066 Reply

[ login required ]

#24238 Reply

[ login required ]

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Registered members have full access to Pro support forums here.

Feel free to log in or purchase a support key.