Skip to content

Easy way to update the permissions for multiple media files at once?

Home Forums PP2 Technical Issues Easy way to update the permissions for multiple media files at once?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by 2 days, 7 hours ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I’m using Press Permit to control the permissions for uploaded files – when files are uploaded to a given page, it inherits that page’s Read permissions. This is great.

However, I am currently in the position where I am creating new pages with the old page content copied over, without the same permission Read permission configuration on the new pages. As a result, these links fail to work until I change the permissions on each individual media file, allowing them be viewed across both pages. (Ability to view is controlled via two distinct Press Permit groups.)

Even if I use each page’s “Add Media” button along with the “files uploaded to this page” filter, it’s fairly laborious to update all attachment pages to have the proper permissions. Is there a way I can do this in bulk? I’d simply like to add one additional group to the Read permissions.

#22801 Reply

[ login required ]

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Registered members have full access to Pro support forums here.

Feel free to log in or purchase a support key.