Skip to content

[Resolved] Make Cross Category Access

Home Forums Obsolete: 1.x Make Cross Category Access

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Is there a way to make it so that if a user has access to view a specific restricted category; to post something to that category and other restricted categories while maintaining the edibility restrictions?

For example

I have 4 categories that give read and edit capability to specific bp groups.  I.e.

BP Group 1, Subscriber can access read privileges for bp group 1 content

BP Group 1, Editor can access edit/author privileges for bp group 1 content

BP Group 2, Subscriber can access read privileges for bp group 1 content

BP Group 2, Editor can access edit/author privileges for bp group 1 content

These privileges are implemented by selecting a post or page category for the indivitual page.  These categories carry the specific restrictions.

However if I create a post that is part of multiple restricted categories (i.e category 1 in bp group 1 and category 1 in bp group 2) none of them are able to access this item.  I believe it’s because they don’t have the read privileges for the other groups.

How would I best go about creating the permissions so that a user can view posts/pages that are part of other restricted categories.  For now I’ve setup a 3rd category that gives privileges to all of the users but I would like to keep the item in the specific category so they can view them in the correct feed.  Let me know if that didn’t make sense.

[ login required ]

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Obsolete: 1.x’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Registered members have full access to Pro support forums here.

Feel free to log in or purchase a support key.