Skip to content

Multiple groups scenarios

Home Forums Configuration and Usage Multiple groups scenarios

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Dave Tanchak 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Our primary use case is to assign editor and contributor permission groups, respectively applied to particular page trees (pages and sub-pages), like /about/*, and /contact/*.

As an example, we need an editor group for /about, and another for /contact, and a contributor group for each as well. Each of these groups should be restricted to pages and sub-pages for each, and be limited to selecting a parent in the page tree when creating content.

Users can appear in either group meaning a user can be an editor for the /about page tree and a contributor for the /contact tree.

I have created groups for each of the above page trees, with a supplemental “page editor” role for the editor groups and supplemental “page contributor” roles for the contributor groups. I also created “Edit” exceptions limiting these groups to pages and sub-pages of the respective root pages (/contact and /about); and “Associate (as parent)” restrictions as well.

These permissions work well individually. If a user is assigned the editor role in the /about tree the permissions are correct. However, if i then assign a user as an Editor in one group and a Contributor in the other, the user has editor privileges in both.

Is this the expected result? Is there a work-around or another approach we should be thinking about to manage a model like this?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Registered members have full access to Pro support forums here.

Feel free to log in or purchase a support key.