Skip to content

[Resolved] Pages disappearing from menu

Home Forums Troubleshooting Pages disappearing from menu

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi Kevin,

Consider this scenario:

Page ID: 7373
    Reading Exceptions:
    WP Roles: {All} Blocked Blocked
    Groups: 20 Enabled Enabled, 22 Enabled Enabled

As user ID 33, member of groups 20 and 22, if I go directly to the page via URL, I can see it properly. However, it doesn’t appear in the menu on the right of my theme. Which is odd, because normally as long as I have access to the page via Press Permit, it automatically appears in the menu.

Here’s where it starts getting interesting – if I edit page 7373 as an administrative user and undo the {All} restriction, update the page, it appears in the menu again for user ID 33 (and surely the entire world). So far makes perfect sense, I removed all restrictions. The interesting bit is that if I then add the WP Role {All} Blocked Blocked back again, the page remains visible in the menu.

The menu I keep referring to is automatically handled by the theme as a reflection of the hierarchy (I don’t add entries manually via WordPress’ menu system).

Any idea what might be causing this?

I left 7373 in a broken state to help with your investigation. Please see my latest config upload.

Thanks!

#25685 Reply

[ login required ]

#25686 Reply

[ login required ]

#25712 Reply

[ login required ]

#25718 Reply

[ login required ]

#25723 Reply

[ login required ]

#25903 Reply

[ login required ]

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Registered members have full access to Pro support forums here.

Feel free to log in or purchase a support key.