Skip to content

[Resolved] PP File URL Filter: Uploads aren't inheriting Read permissions anymore

Home Forums Troubleshooting PP File URL Filter: Uploads aren't inheriting Read permissions anymore

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Okay, so, for the longest time, we’ve had our site configured so that Media uploads automatically inherit the read permissions of the page that they’re attached to. It seems that recently, this has stopped working. I’ve uploaded all configuration info to presspermit.com, and will describe a scenario as well:

I just tried uploading a new file (#88747) to page 82766. Page 82766 has the following Read permissions:
    WP Roles
    {All} Blocked Blocked

Groups (2)
    Group 78 Enabled Enabled
    Group 79 Enabled Enabled

Despite uploading the file correctly to the page:

The file has no inherited no Read permissions.

Here’s my configuration:

As a side note, in case this is perhaps related, the site has been experiencing another issue, of late. Put simply, processing uploaded files takes a while. The upload bar fills up, then WordPress takes 2 to 5 minutes before it actually lets me see the file’s info (editing the title etc). Meanwhile, the web server seems to hang when I try to access other pages from the same browser – but this seems to affect only the person waiting for the upload to finish processing, not other people accessing the website, as far as I can tell. I have yet to figure out what is causing this, but I’m working on it.

#24242 Reply

[ login required ]

#24243 Reply

[ login required ]

#24247 Reply

[ login required ]

#24248 Reply

[ login required ]

#24251 Reply

[ login required ]

#24252 Reply

[ login required ]

#24254 Reply

[ login required ]

#24257 Reply

[ login required ]

#24258 Reply

[ login required ]

#24260 Reply

[ login required ]

#24261 Reply

[ login required ]

#24262 Reply

[ login required ]

#24267 Reply

[ login required ]

#24268 Reply

[ login required ]

#24269 Reply

[ login required ]

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Registered members have full access to Pro support forums here.

Feel free to log in or purchase a support key.