Skip to content

[Support request] Protect direct file access of all of from viewers who can’t edit.

Home Forums Configuration and Usage Protect direct file access of all of from viewers who can’t edit.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hey, thanks.

We need to 301, or just provide some kind of 404 for all .pdf files in the media post_type when the viewer is not an Admin, Board, or Ambassador user.

(I was able to restrict the media post/page views leveraging the API of a different plugin, but that API did not provide a way to protect against someone accessing the direct link to the given .pdf file.)

I’m looking into ways to do this by manually editing the .htaccess, but would prefer if I could use your plugin/API to achieve this.

There are over 500 files, so manually setting permissions on each file for the required user groups is not a good option.

If you could point me in the correct direction, that would be really awesome.

My email is daniel@pennerwebdesign.com, and my boss has this account and should receive a notification if you respond to him via email.

Best,
    Daniel

#27230 Reply

[ login required ]

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Registered members have full access to Pro support forums here.

Feel free to log in or purchase a support key.