Skip to content

[Resolved] Question relating to Permissions > Groups > [My Group] > Add Exceptions

Home Forums Troubleshooting Question relating to Permissions > Groups > [My Group] > Add Exceptions

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by 4 days, 2 hours ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I asked a question previously about how to update the permissions of multiple files at once. I got an answer, but when actually going through that procedure, I found that sometimes, it didn’t find all the files that I expected it to find based on the search I was using. Here’s what I asked based on what I observed:

Is it possible this Add Exception search feature only returns the media files that were uploaded by the user that’s logged in? I noticed certain cases where it’s not finding certain attachments, and in all the cases I’ve seen so far, they have different authors. I’ve had to change the permissions manually on these, which isn’t ideal.

Basically I need it to return everything regardless of user, assuming, of course, that I’m an administrative user when using the Add Exception tool. I’ve got some users adding attachments that are using a modified Subscriber role, with some editing permissions, and I need to also apply permissions to those files.

Original thread here.

Thanks,

Matt

#23060 Reply

[ login required ]

#24237 Reply

[ login required ]

#24273 Reply

[ login required ]

#24276 Reply

[ login required ]

#24278 Reply

[ login required ]

#24279 Reply

[ login required ]

#24280 Reply

[ login required ]

#24281 Reply

[ login required ]

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Registered members have full access to Pro support forums here.

Feel free to log in or purchase a support key.