Skip to content

[Resolved] Scheduled Posts appear to users in blogroll before the published date arrives

Home Forums PP2 Technical Issues Scheduled Posts appear to users in blogroll before the published date arrives

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I have some post categories setup with read exceptions based on user roles. This is an intranet website for school personnel. The user roles on the site include teachers, principals, counselors, and so on. I have post categories by the same name and in these categories I have enabled viewing by the user role of the same name as the category and blocked all the other roles. For instance, for the “principal” category, I have enabled viewing for the Principal user role, but teachers, secretaries, counselors,…etc. are set as blocked.

The viewing of the published posts with these categories works perfect. Principals see only posts that have their category selected. However, for some reason, when I write a post and have it “scheduled” to post at a later date and time, the post appears on the front end of the site right after I schedule it. When you click to view it using a user account that has that role, you get a 404 error. I assume that is because it’s scheduled and not published yet. If it’s not published, why is it showing in the blogroll?

Is there something I’m doing wrong with my setup? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jerrad

#22815 Reply

[ login required ]

#22816 Reply

[ login required ]

#22817 Reply

[ login required ]

#22819 Reply

[ login required ]

#22820 Reply

[ login required ]

#22821 Reply

[ login required ]

#22822 Reply

[ login required ]

#22823 Reply

[ login required ]

#22824 Reply

[ login required ]

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Registered members have full access to Pro support forums here.

Feel free to log in or purchase a support key.