Skip to content

Setup so users can only edit post submitted from users with the same role

Home Forums Pre-Sale Questions Setup so users can only edit post submitted from users with the same role

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hello. Before we purchase this plugin, I have a question. There is a forum post that I believe will answer my question, but I can’t view the answer unless I’m logged in and it appears I can’t login unless I purchase the plugin.

This is the forum post I’d like to see the answer to: https://presspermit.com/forums/topic/setup-so-users-can-only-edit-post-submitted-from-users-with-the-same-role/

Basically, I have a custom post type. I have all of my WP users in different roles. Each role creates their own posts and I only want each role to be able to read/edit posts that are in that role. So, RoleA can only read/edit posts that anyone in RoleA created. RoleB can only read/edit posts that anyone in RoleB created. If someone in RoleB tries to open a post that RoleA created, it shouldn’t let them open it or ideally they shouldn’t even be able to see RoleA’s posts there at all.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Heather

#28201 Reply

Yes, you can impose those limitations with the PP Circles extension plugin, part of Press Permit Pro.

PP Pro forum replies

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Registered members have full access to Pro support forums here.

Feel free to log in or purchase a support key.